Thursday, February 17, 2011

Aloha Spring!




The birds chirp merrily to herald the arrival of Spring. The glorious aura of the season rejuvenates the hearts that had grown sombre with the austere winter. Its time to add a splash of color to our lives, which had gone all gray. Flora is budding rapidly to blossom into exotic species which are the real stunner of the Spring season. To add to this, people pull out a new closet featuring all the vibrant hues. Whereas the banquet tables are adorned with delectables comprising of sexy berries. All of this make it so much more splendorous. And one could only say: Life couldn't be any better!

I look around me and am delighted by the mere glance of it. Light-weight lawn is such a pleasant change to the body that had been over-burdened by the heavy parkas to mask the bitter winter-chills. I will finally manage to get rid of my sole pair of brown pumps I have worn EVERYWHERE in the last three months. And now I anticipate flip-flops in exuberant shades and hot gladiators. Make-up is transitioning to honey-suckle vine color; Pantone's and my favorite this year!

My folks have been eagerly looking forward to strawberries. For they, have never in their lives been this fond of the berries. It all traces back to last year's Prodigious Strawberry Pavalova. That was when I gained a massive fan following. When I say "massive" I don't mean in number, but size, as my only fans are Saad and Abs (its a nick for my friend =P ) who are huge in physique. I am waiting for the tumult in my house to settle down, so I can prepare a surprise pavalova-bash for the only-two-fans of mine, with some dignity.

Talking about yesteryear's pavalova, reminds me of the countdown to my upcoming birthday. Since I do not approve of birthday celebrations with acquaintances turning up en masse, I dream of my day at home with my immediate family, feasting on a fancy brunch and cocktails throughout the day. I like birthdays to be spent in elegance and I am a die-hard fan of chic dresses, pompadour hair-styles, exquisite jewelery and classy shoes; pretty much the French way: Elegance personified. But I am not very supportive of the idea of spending it with friends-I-don't-like-much with any exchange of gifts, as I loathe "receiving" gifts. Saad and company is insisting on not to waste this auspicious day, and utilize it to the max! And I fear that he wont keep himself from gifting me something BIG!

My senses are all numb on the thought of Saad's despicable nature and the hectic day I had earlier today. With the commencement of my birthday countdown, I hereby wish MYSELF all the very best. And with this note, I shall sign out, therefore,


Joyeux Anniversaire ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment