Monday, April 9, 2012

My Classic Summer

Summer 2012 is just around the corner. Well at least on the calendar, if not in the premises of our refrigerated house. And like every year, I am all pumped up to embrace the glory of the summer season. Since yesteryear my instincts were warning me about some misfortune to happen in the near future, its quite the contrary this time. Therefore I am making preparations for a magnificent summer experience!

My entire family will insha Allah be flying in and out, but one factor remains constant: that's me! I am not moving until late October. Thanks to my hectic clerkship that gives me no room for a brief getaway. Nevermind, as long as I have all the resources to myself, I am good.

Lately I've been hunting for a t-shirt in nautical stripes and the most comfy denim in which I shall be spending most of my midsummer nights. Online shopping isn't a solution to this, for I, am in the quest of comfort, nothing that would please me visually. Maybe the plush malls of la'whore might be hoarding some. Speaking of which, I remember the humongous NEXT store, that had an appealing collection of jeans! Yes. I remember now, NEXT it is. D O N E.

Also, I am paying visits to the stationery outlets since a couple of weeks now. I admit that I have always been bewitched with the exuberant display of colour pencils, paints, tags, sticky notes, chart papers and folders in a stationery shop. (That's why I never mind driving my baby-sister there, for my own pleasure) But this time I've been collecting things for the ultimate showdown. This summer, insha Allah, is all about books, therefore to make notes in the scorching June heat, I have been collecting my gadgets. Also a playlist is being worked on, that would keep me going forever. It features songs starting from the late 1960's to date. I am sure that will boost my confidence regularly. The material for my green-board is also assembled and now need to dedicate two straight hours to finalize it. (In case you are wondering, its some new form of therapy, sighs!)

What I really wish is a complete social boycott, for the next six months that would give me an opportunity to conquer all, what I have jotted down for myself. I want to live a Kolachi summer, whilst sitting miles away. I want to relive the days when life was at its best. There were minimal social disparities, had nil pressure from work, had long hours at my disposal to indulge into leisurely reads. I could spend all night walking on the beach, and no one would enquire. No matter how warm and saltier the air would get, every passing second would be an utter delight. Today, every night I retire to bed with the memories of my beloved city by the sea. And every morning I wake up with the ambition of struggling my way back to home.

Dreams that are endeavored for, do come true one day. And you will definitely live that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment